|Unit Name:||Unit of Experimental Bacteriology|
The Experimental bacteriology laboratory (EBL) aims to decipher key ecological rules driving the maturation steps of the intestinal microbiota from the neonatal period to the age of 3 when it reaches its steady state. In a developmental perspective, EBL will identify constraints, environmental cues, and individual/collective dynamics driving the stepwise construction of the gut bacterial ecosystem. On this basis, EBL will address the dynamics of constitution of dysbiosis seen as a stalled maturation process with possible consequences on disease programming later in life.
So far, la lab is able to perform the isolation of strict and facultative anaerobes but also microaerophilic and aerobic bacteria and fungi from the gut microbiota and breast milk with
-30 different pre-enrichment conditions (24-96 h) which
+Target the low abundant bacteria
|Selected Bibliography :|
1. Rakotondrasoa A, Passet V, Herindrainy P, Garin B, Kermorvant-Duchemin E, Delarocque-Astagneau E, Guillemot D, Huynh BT, Brisse S, Collard JM. Characterization of Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates from a mother-child cohort in Madagascar. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2020 Apr 17:dkaa107. doi: 10.1093/jac/dkaa107.
2. Vonaesch P, Morien E, Andrianonimiadana L, Sanke H, Mbecko JR, Huus K, Naharinananirina T, Godje BP, Nigatoloum SN, Vondo SS, Kandou K, Randremanana R, Rakotondrainipiana M, Mazel F, Djore SG, Gody JC, Finlay BB, Rubbo PA, Parfrey LW, Collard JM, Sansonetti P for the Afribiota Investigators. Stunted childhood growth is associated with decompartmentalization of the gastrointestinal tract and overgrowth of oropharyngeal taxa. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018; 115(36):E8489-E8498.
3. Jusot JF, Neill DR, Bangert M, Bricio Moreno L, Gaptia Lawan K, Moussa MM, Everett D, Collard JM, Kadioglu A. Inhaled dust and extreme temperatures are risk factors for bacterial pneumonia and meningitis. JFJ and DRN contributed equally to this work; JMC and AK are co-senior authors. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2016 Jul 14. pii: S0091-6749(16)30616-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jaci.2016.04.062.
4. Collard JM, Issaka B, Zaneidou M, Hugonnet S, Nicolas P, Taha MK, Greenwood B, Jusot JF. Epidemiology changes in meningococcal meningitis strains in Niger from 2008 to 2011: attempt for an explanation and perspectives for vaccination strategy. BMC Infect Dis. 2013; 13:576. doi: 10.1186/1471-2334-13-576.
5. Collard JM, Place S, Denis O, Rodriguez-Villalobos H, Vrints M, Weill FX, Baucheron S, Cloeckaert A, Struelens M, Bertrand S. Travel-acquired salmonellosis due to Salmonella Kentucky resistant to ciprofloxacin, ceftriaxone and cotrimoxazole and associated with treatment failure. J Antimicrob Chemother 2007, 60(5):1183.